New horizons, A fairy's journey

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Apr 26, 2012
A short update but I'll keep it ticking over best I can until my seasonal work ends.

"That makes sence, but I can fly so the broken ladder won't be an issue. Thanks though mister."
With that she hops down and uses her wings to have a soft landing. The man leaves with an annoyed grunt after she lands.

After her eyes adjust to the dim light she looks around the area. The blockage seems to be stopping most of the water flowing meaning the water level is only knee high here should she need to wade.
She could probably plug the flow with ease if she wanted to drain it further for some reason.
Looking around further the roof however is low so her flight will not offer much advantage other than evading tripping hazards. The blockadge itself seems to have enough solid parts if she wanted to change her mind and try and climb over, although the pungent stench down here inky wirstens as she gets closer to it.

In the water itself at the side of the aquaduct she spies a small pipe she could crawl through, the water is shallow enough to breath but is not going to be pleasnt. It also has a not insignificant chance of getting her wings to wet to fly later.
The final direction is to follow the channel the other way away from the blockage and see where it leads.

What does she do.

1) Cross the blockage.
2) Crawl in the duct.
3) Head the other way.
4) Try another way into the aquaduct (which)
5) Other

Sep 22, 2018
He-he, the option to tempt the thrill of getting stuck is present now as well... speaking seriously, that's not what we want, and climbing over is even less so, appearing inconsistent and risky. There seems also to be a hint that plugging the flow further might be helpful in some kind of way (I dunno, may be there is an unfriendly fat eel ready to suddenly flow in and rub against our ankles, especially if we were to get stuck and scream wildly for help). This could also be, in reverse, a chance for accidental tripping.
In any case, checking where the other channel leads seems to be the most viable option, as we just pay a bit of time and don't risk anyhow... probably.
So, another vote for 3).

Ayu Break

Apr 26, 2012
The crawlspace is not tight enough to get trapped or stuck, just to confirm is that route is taken later/would effect choises.
Well, maybe if she was a human but she's not.

I should prepare a map of some kind as a visual aid for next update or two.

May 17, 2018
Having a map would be nice as a visualizer of where we are, as for the the current problem going the other way seems to be the safe choice still if nothing comes from that crawling through the hole would probably be the best option, I refuse to trust that blockage.

Ayu Break

Apr 26, 2012
Soooo.... hopitals and shift work suck.

Here is a basic thrown together map, the green is the blockadge, it shows the walkways and the crawl tunnel as well as what she will find by continuing her investigation in the below mini-update. I kept it small because it lets me find/map what I havn't and people remind themselves waht's going on before things get serious.
sewer.png

Ivy not wanting to touch that blockage with a log considers the crawling option but decides to not go into such a restrictive passage at this time. Turning and heading down the long passage she after five minutes walking sees another small passage feeding into this one. A little large than the last and up on the wall instead of in the trench, a bit of an examination shows their is light at the other side, and she could probably crouch instead of crawl.
She considers a moment and realises she can always keep going.

1) Keep going
2) Here's good, climb in.
3) Other

Last edited:

moonblack

May 10, 2014
Oh, hey, there! Welcome back and a belated Happy New Year!

Vote:
2) Here's good, climb in.
And try to be ready for potential dangers (or as ready as possible, anyway).

Sep 22, 2018
On the one hand, it might be interesting to see where the wide passage leads further, but given its size I doubt it will just come to a dead end without offering us some more crossing paths. So I'll agree with Moonblack and vote for 2), checking the side passage, as it is closer to the blockage.
Also, I would too humbly like to wish everyone a Happy New Year!